Did you try to load the jpg as an xmp?

Am 30.08.2016, 22:05 Uhr, schrieb Jos <m...@familiedumont.nl>:

Stéphane,

I'm sorry, but when I open the picture in darktable, there is no history
stack available. I'm using dt 2.0.5.

Instead I will try to follow the steps as you described.

Greets,

Jos Dumont

Op 29-08-16 om 17:15 schreef Stéphane Gourichon:
Le 29/08/2016 à 16:06, Romano Giannetti a écrit :
On 29/08/16 14:40, Stéphane Gourichon wrote:
Le 28/08/2016 à 18:42, Jos a écrit :
Hi,

I have taken a picture from a sun set with my wife and son in the
front. In the picture there is an annoying big red spot. Probably a
reflection from the sun. I would like to know what is the best work
flow or module(s) to use to remove this spot. I attached the
problem part of the picture to this mail.

Thanks.

Hello,

This can be done in this particular case, see attached picture!

Wow! incredible... where is the +1 to click ;-).
Thanks for the tutorial!

Thanks for the feedback.

Corrections:

* enable channel mixer. On red output, set green input to 1.1 and
blue output to -0.1. Other

Should be:
* enable channel mixer. On red output, set green input to 1.1 and blue
*input* to -0.1. Other

I forgot to add: disable exposure boost which was just meant to
observe histogram.

Happy that it suited you.

To avoid flare next time, have you got a lens hood ? It not or if the
light source appears in the frame, you can prevent flare to some
extent by hiding light source with a finger or hand. In some cases you
can consider taking two shots : one hiding the sun, the other not, and
mix both in postprocessing. Best used with a tripod.

Have a nice day!

--
Stéphane Gourichon