Hello,

Well, I realized afterwards that this quesstion was rather stupid... since I
had don a backup of the whole folder before renaming !

As it is, my algorithm renames both NEFs and sidecars in one pass.
The only bad side is that I must take the whole path into account for the cut
parameters. Being able to part subfolders would be better, but I am not that
far and I am rather happy with what I could do thanks to linux power.
Since I was to work on absolutely all my photos, I deleted the library, then
re-imported the photos and could notice that most of them retrieved their
history perfectly.
some did not, I intend to investigate why.
I was surprized to discover that the xmpMM:DerivedFrom section has been updated
according to the NEF new name without resetting the sidecar itself.
I don't know whether this behaviour is wanted or not, but in my case I am very
happy it did so.

BTW, I didn't understand what you exactly mean by

> remove the subj filmroll from dt
What am I supposed to do exactly ?

Regards,

J.-Luc