To my understanding what Roman points to is the danger using the external tool to modify the original RAW.

I agree with Roman on this - even if side effects were not noticed on some formats the mere possibility of potentially destructive results calls for common sense not to use it (or at least not to recommend it).

Thank you Roman - the information is much appreciated!

Regards,

On 2016-11-14 08:12 AM, darkta...@911networks.com wrote:
On Mon, 14 Nov 2016 15:57:56 +0000
Štěpán Roučka <stepan.rou...@gmail.com> wrote:

For me it is more important to store the time information and tags in
the pictures, so that I can "easily" switch to a different software for
database management and photo processing (which I did several times in
the last 12 years, as old programs become unsupported and better ones
come along)
Isn't it why we are supposed to use the xmp files?

My understanding is that:

Any other processing software (worth its name) would read the
description/titles/keywords|tags. But, it would not read the edits.

Or I may be mistaken and somebody could pipe-in and set me straight.