On Sun, Nov 27, 2016 at 5:38 PM, Christian Kanzian
<christian.kanz...@gmx.at> wrote:
> Hi
Hi.

> Am Sonntag, 27. November 2016, 15:32:24 schrieb Rico Heil:
>> This discussion made me check the OpenCL paramters in my current
>> darktable installation.
>> "activate opencl support" is checked and I cannot uncheck it.
>> Does this mean I am forced to use OpenCL or does it mean my GPU does not
>> support OpenCL at all and the disabled control shows a default value
>> that's irrelevant for me?

> It has been disabled. Newer dt versions do a quick test at startup for OpenCL.

> If the test fails, you can't enable OpenCL.
O rly?

There are two tests - availability of opencl, and opencl speed.
If the first one fails, then you have no opencl, and can not
enable/disable opencl.
If the second-one fails, then opencl is simply disabled by default,
and you can enable/disable it at any time.

So if the opencl toggle is untoggleable, that means you have no opencl at all.
Be it due to no opencl drivers, or if opencl driver is cpu based, or
if your hardware does not support all the
required functionality.
See darktable-cltest.

>> I am using an nVidia GeForce 9800 GT with the video-nouveau driver, but
>> wouldn't mind switching to another driver if that would speed up darktable.
>>
>> Rico
>>
> Christian
Roman.