On Wed, 7 Dec 2016 21:05:26 -0500
Robert Krawitz <r...@alum.mit.edu> wrote:

>On Thu, 8 Dec 2016 00:44:48 +0100, Saint Germain wrote:
>> I just bought a Samsung NX1 and would like to use Darktable to
>> process the RAW (SRW).
>>
>> However I really tried but I couldn't manage to get correct colors
>> or to have a good noise reduction in high iso situation (low
>> light).
>>
>> I've tried LightRoom and RawTherapee and I managed (without knowing
>> these softwares) to get quite good results in under 5-10 minutes.
>> So far I think I've spent several hours with Darktable...
>
>My experience with the Canon 7DmkII at high ISO (shooting basketball
>at ISO 10000) was very similar, and I posted about this a couple of
>weeks ago (I'll forward you my email under separate cover).  I was
>unable to get results anywhere close to what I could easily achieve
>in RawTherapee with Luminance and Luminance Detail noise reduction
>and sharpening with Sharpen Only Edges (which does a good job
>avoiding sharpening noise).
>
>My comparison shots are posted at
>https://rlk.smugmug.com/Photography/DarktableRawTherapee/ with the
>original at
>https://rlk.smugmug.com/Sports/Basketball/MIT-SarLaw-mbb-20161126/i-chq2xjG/A

Since nobody else...

I use both Canon 7Dmk2 and Fujifilm X-T10 and for me it works quite
well. I do not use ISO10,000 but I use regularly 3,200 and
occasionally 6,400.

I've used with good success:

* denoise profiled (module) with either non-local means or wavelets

or

* equalizer (module) with the denoise & sharpen preset.

You have to try them both and see which you prefer

I've had to cheat by changing the X-T10 to an X-T1.

Can't talk to the Samsung NX1

If I'm out to lunch, please pipe in!

--
sknahT