hi,

sorry i don't have an english explanation, only the formulas.

this module enhances local contrast by using
``Unnormalized bilateral filtering''
as described in
http://people.csail.mit.edu/hasinoff/pubs/AubryEtAl14-lapfilters.pdf
(the rest of the paper is implemented in a branch).

the detail slider is mapped to the amount the difference to the base
image will be multiplied by.

the other two are the range sigma (contrast slider, colour distance, L
channel only in this implementation) and the spatial sigma (radius,
pixel distance).

the backend uses the bilateral grid.

cheers,
 jo