hi,

On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 10:30 AM,  <darkta...@911networks.com> wrote:
> 2.2.2 on arch.
>
> What the difference between CLUT with the helmholtz/kohlrausch
> monochrome and the monochrome module?

the monochrome module lets you decide which colours are brighter, and
HK has its own idea which colours are perceptually bright or should be
pushed far apart so you can discern them the most in a b/w image. it
follows a paper by the same name. for exact reproduction of their
results though, there is also a tone curve with slight contrast
increase (see HK styles on dtstyle.net,
https://dtstyle.net/download.php/214/HK%2049.dtstyle ).

> When I enable the CLUT, the monochrome module works but does nothing.

hm? works for me.

cheers,
 jo