Hah ... THANK YOU very much!!

-Bernhard-

Bruce Williams schrieb am 17.04.2017 um 22:39:
Pretty certain this is affected by Cinnamon itself, not darktable.
Go preferences/effects and turn OFF 'overlay scroll bars'.
Reboot, and relaunch dt.
See if that helps.

Cheers,
Bruce Williams
------------------------------
Mobile:  +61 41 250 6349

brucewilliamsphotography.com <http://brucewilliamsphotography.com>
shuttersincpodcast.com <http://shuttersincpodcast.com>
sinelanguagepodcast.com <http://sinelanguagepodcast.com>
audio2u.com <http://audio2u.com>

e-mail <mailto:stu...@audio2u.com> | Twitter <http://twitter.com/@audio2u> | LinkedIn <http://au.linkedin.com/pub/bruce-williams/1/318/489> | Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/audio2u>
------------------------------

On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 10:07 PM, Bernhard <darkta...@intervalsignals.org <mailto:darkta...@intervalsignals.org>> wrote:

    Robert William Hutton schrieb am 17.04.2017 um 13:48:

        On 17/04/17 19:46, Bernhard wrote:

            Robert William Hutton schrieb am 17.04.2017 um 11:40:

                On 17/04/17 19:28, Bernhard wrote:

                    I updated from LM17 to LM18.1 and thus dt2.0.x to
                    dt2.2.4 from
                    Pascal's PPA.

                    Now I notice that it's not possible to use those
                    little triangles to
                    expand a module any more since they are covered by
                    the scrollbar when I
                    hover on them with the mouse. Expanding IS
                    possible by clicking on the
                    title but:

                    Is this really a wanted behaviour?

                No.  Is this XFCE, MATE or Cinnamon?

            Sorry, I forgot: LM18.1 64bit Cinnamon, to be precise

        I just installed LM18.1 Cinnamon 64-bit in a virtual machine
        and tried it out.  Indeed, the scrollbars pop out and over the
edge of the modules when you hover-over the triangles. However, seeing as you don't actually need to click the
        triangle, you only need to click anywhere on the title bar, I
        guess this isn't a huge issue (though it could confuse users).

        Seems to me to be an issue with Cinnamon and the way it's
        drawing its scrollbars.  Not sure that any of the devs are
        using it.

        Regards,

        Rob

    Thanks for verifying.
    Should I file an issue somewhere or otherwise point the devs to
    this or do you think it's not worth (I would call this a "class C
    issue").

--
    regards
    Bernhard