..this is an artifact of zooming into the collection with the mouse
wheel without using the zoomable mode (bottom panel). you can't make
the images bigger and reorder them around the mouse pointer in a way
such that the center picture stays the same, at least not without
messing with the alignment at the beginning of the list. i suppose you
can either use zoomable mode or not change the zoom or accept the
occasional misalignment at the beginning of the list.

-jo