Hello everyone,

new Darktable user here. I've recently started shooting RAW with a great Sony RX100 and - as a longtime Linux user - I'm learning a bit-more-than-amateurish postprocessing.

I'm referencing the Darktable manual, which is great (thanks for the authors efforts), and I've joined the ml to ask a clarification about about how styles wotk in Darktable.

I have summarized my doubts in this bullet list:

* I notice that some sort of "default style" is applied automatically when a new collection is created (e.g. when I open a folder with Darktable). How is this default style defined? Currently it applies three transformations: sharpen, orientation and base curve.

* AFAICS in order to create an additional style to be only apllied when I want, I can do it from Lighttable: my style should only contains the *additional* transformation steps I need besides these defaults that are automagically applied.

* How to completely wipe out any transformation style applied to a collection/image? Apparently removing the XMP file is not enough, I need to completely remove the collection? As specified here:
http://www.darktable.org/usermanual/ch02s03s02.html.php#d0e2501

Thanks to anyone providing more insight on this.

Darktable really shines in the landscape of FOSS software!

Regards,