Am 03.06.2017 um 23:41 schrieb Pascal Obry:
> Le samedi 03 juin 2017 à 17:28 -0400, Šarūnas Burdulis a écrit :
>> amdgpu is in the kernel, so no need
>> fo module recompile (that's one reason I prefer it over nvidia…).
>
> But tthe amdgpu on the kernel does not have "image" support which is
> required by darktable. So yes the module sit there, but can't be used
> with darktable, that's why I prefer Nvidia and will certainly never but
> an AMD card (see my previous thread on this!).

This is not true.
The piece of software that lacks "image" support is Clover the open
source OpenCL implementation of Gallium/MESA.

Any recent AMD gpu uses the amdgpu kernel driver (open source). The
binary driver (amdgpu-pro) has the OpenCL libs which also work with the
opensource amdgpu driver.
The problem is, what recent AMD gpu means. (I use a rx480 that works) If
you use a hd7970 - there the radeon (open source) kernel driver is
usually used and then the binary OpenCL driver doesn't work. When
compiling a custom kernel one can define that the amdgpu driver should
be used and then (I think) the above OpenCL setup would also work.

Cheers,
Michael