On vendredi 28 juillet 2017 07:04:47 CEST Jason Polak wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> Cameras typically capture photos with individual red, green, and blue
> photosites separately. So before demosaicing, your Raw is just all that
> information before it is combined into a usual picture. Demosaic turns
> this mosaic into a usual picture. So you probably want this on!
>
> On 2017-07-28 12:27 AM, Paul Deverson wrote:
> > I can’t seem to activate the Demosaic module. With every other module I
> > can turn it on and off by clicking on the on/off switch icon. But not
> > Demosaic.

You want the demosaic module on *only* when working on a *raw* file, and
darktable enforces this.

The original post was about not being able to switch it on, so my guess is
that Paul was *not* working on a raw file (cameras typically have the option to
produce jpg files, some also provide the raw data).

Remco