Hi,

First of all, I'd like to thank all developers and contributors of
Darktable for their excellent work.

I'm using Darktable 2.2.5 on Ubuntu 16.04, installed from Pascal de
Bruijn's PPA. I see that in the "denoise (profiled)" module my cameras are
not supported: Samsung NX300 and NX500. After reading some documentation,
specifically:
  http://www.darktable.org/2012/12/profiling-sensor-and-photon-noise/
I tried to profile the sensors, by running gen-profile. The problem is that
I cannot find the gen-profile script - as far as I understand it is not
installed by the darktable package.
How should I proceed in order to noise-profile my cameras? Should I install
Darktable from sources, in order to get tools/noise/gen-profile? Are the
instructions at the link above up-to-date or shall I follow different ones?

Best,

Emanuele