hi,

we are usually very concerned about keeping backward compatibility if
at all possible. we were just discussing in IRC how to bring back
support for these .dt files. back then i don't think many people used
dt at all, and in fact this is the first time this issue comes up. i'd
consider it a more exotic edge case.. but ideally we want to keep
compatibility even here.

cheers,
 jo