If I slightly move the s&h white point slider the image looks ok but the
reality is that the dt histogram initially reports that the sky is 'blown'.

My experience using dt over several years is to always  leave a little
room at the high end of the histogram during the taking process. This
has solved all of the highlight problems that I previously had.

David