I had big problems with Ubuntu 16.04, but now with Ubuntu 18.04 it is
getting more worse.

This is the version I use at the moment with Bionic (18.04):

darktable 1:2.4.3-0pmjdebruijn1~bionic

liblensfun1:amd64 0.3.2-4

exiv2 0.25-3.1

First I tried the Ubuntu-repo-version, then I changed to
ppa:pmjdebruijn/darktable-unstable which is the same at the moment.

In 16.04 (Xenial) I used liblensfun 0.2.8-3. What comes in my mind is,
there was a syntax change, so maybe this has to be checked.

There is still the bug e.g, with the Pentax K-1, which is recognzized as
K-01. Well, this can be solved easily, but I have problems now with
lenses, which worked already. I start an own topic, for the lens
problem.

Which experiences did you make with Bionic?

Al