Hello Ulrich,

I did more testing around starting / stopping DT. This alone increase the GPU
memory consumption continuously by 30 MiB per start/stop activity. It starts
with 107 MiB at the beginning and ends at 271 MiB after five start/stop cylces.
This is with gnome-shell.

I did the same test with Plasma5 and it does happen there. Looks like a memory
leak in gnome-shell. I know that gnome-shell had a memory leak but that it is
also affecting GPU memory is new to me.

And I also thought that gnome-shell 3.28.2-1 fixed the meory leak. But
obviously it doesnt.

I guess I need to open a bug report for gnome-shell.

But anyways, thanks for your help so far.

Matthias