On vendredi 20 juillet 2018 12:01:21 CEST Goran Radunovic wrote:
> Is it possible to use multiple GPUs in parallel while exporting? For
> instance, I have 3 GPUs in my system and only the primary is used for
> export although openCL is configured for multiGPU.
>
> Multi GPU is working fine while editing, but in theory export could be
> faster if all of the GPUs are utilized?

According to the manual, darktable uses several pixel pipelines, each able to
use up to one GPU. Several pipelines are/can be active in edit mode:
- small preview
- main view
- miniatures (and perhaps others)
So that means that in darkroom mode, several GPUs can be used.

I understand that a single pipeline can use at most one GPU. This is not as
bad as it seems (unless treatment is very long), as writing the results to file
will be the slowest step, and writing multiple files in parallel isn't possible
(interleaved, yes, but that's something else).

But you can set which GPU(s) should be used for each pixel pipe (see manual
section 10.2.9), allowing the most powerful GPU to be reserved for export (the
most demanding pipe)

Remco