On 2018-08-06 10:29 AM, n61...@gmail.com wrote:

I do not want to just delete the old disk cache, but instead prune the cache in a more intelligent way. This does not appear to be documented as a request/issue.

To my understanding there are some scripts. I believe they are on the GIT repository under tools). They are not distributed with normal distribution (distro specific repositories).

Can this be done in lua in dt? Or does it need to be a stand alone application?

The scripts may help

Besides the basic config of a max number or size of the disk cache, are there other options people would want?

I was considering them but again - to my understanding - you can only save space - nothing else. I have imported about 130k images - currently some stay others are gone, never cleared the cache and currently it is 2.7 Gig with 37-38k items in it. Since I would only gain space - there is no much wasted for me. It may be different for you.

Tim

Regards,