On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 16:05:05 +0100 (CET)
Jean-Luc CECCOLI <jean-luc.cecc...@wanadoo.fr>
wrote:

> And apologizes if I come there a bit late,
> but... in my mind, 100% means that the output
> file is the exact reflect of the input one.
> So, importing a picture with 45% compression
> ratio and exporting it at 100% would result in
> the same 45% picture that was input. And
> exporting it at 50% would result in 24.5%
> output picture. > In the facts, I am not sure
> this works that way.

Fortunately, things aren't that bad. Just give
it a try: Save a red surface with a blue
square with 25% ten times.

The thing is, that jpeg compression is supposed
to try to guess what the eye is able to
distinguish and what not. Some rest will be
that distinguishable, that jpeg won't get
smaller or worse anymore.