On Wed, 26 Dec 2018 00:45:46 -0800
"I. Ivanov" <iv3...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The challenge I am facing with XMP as a
> primary is that when changes are done across
> multiple folders (in my case I removed
> description in 3-4 folders - modified about
> 600 files out of few thousand affected) I
> didn't find a good way to identify the
> affected files in the backup and retrieve
> it.

If you're on Linux, there is rsync(1). This
works locally as well as across the network. I'm
using a line in the form of

rsync -av --delete /src/dir /backup/dir

(actually, I still have an --exclude argument
to not bother with some other stuff).

This is very fast and reliable; if everything
is online, you can do that by cron(1)

If you're a Windows/Mac user, I can't help, but
I know that similar tools are available.