hi,

i just tried to load christian's sample using the GM code path. it
looks very much the same and somehow broken as with the usual tiff
code path. it does however contain negative values in all three
channels.. which for the a,b part is a good thing.

if i open the file in "display" (imagemagick) it shows just fine
(where "just fine" means it looks like it's displaying Lab as RGB
data, but at least not overly solarised). i don't think anything
between loading and colorin (where i looked at the values) should be
changing the pixel values.. so i'm thinking the decoding must be
broken/doing something wrong.

cheers,
 jo