On Fri, Feb 22, 2019 at 8:06 PM jys <junkyardspar...@yepmail.net> wrote:

> It may not matter to you, but it does break the auto-selection on the
> darktable module. Fortunately, the camera is in the latest update available
> with lensfun-update-data... if for some reason you can't use that utility,
> the attached xml file contains only that profile, and should go wherever
> lensfun profiles live on your system (~/.local/share/lensfun on linux, and
> I believe darktable/lensfun on Windows).
>
> As you've found, the presets on that module don't play nicely with
> auto-selection... if that module ever gets some love from developers, that
> might be something that could be improved. :)

Thanks for that clarification. I will look into your advice regarding
updating the lensfun-db, it sounds promising. Regarding the functionality
of darktable I understand it like this: it means that "auto-selection" is
only possible when everything (camera, lens, focal length) is all
auto-selected. It seems to be impossible to set certian aspects manually
and for example then let darktable only auto-select the focal length. There
might be use-cases where this could be useful and an update of the
lensfun-db is out of question.