Thank you for the information. I'm glad to know that it isn't an issue with
2.6 or Windows.

I see that collecting by film roll as you suggest (or by folder ) makes
darktable much faster going to and from the darkroom, but it is still quite
sluggish adding tags and ratings. Is that what you experience as well?

Thanks,
Ed