There is a way to work around the mis or non identification of lenses.

I've written a lua script to correct the lens information in the image
database.

It works by scanning selected images for the lens string.  You can specify
a replacement lens
string for any incorrect lens string.  Once the replacement strings are set
up, just select all the
images and hit apply the correct lens module.  Make sure the replacement
lens string matches
the lens string in the lensfun database.

This script is still a work in progress, but I use it all the time.  It's
available at https://github.com/wpferguson/extra-dt-lua-scripts/

One note:  If you correct a lot of images at one time, it can take some
time (5-7 minutes for 1000+ images).

Bill