Hi David,

have you checked your memory usage while running darktable (you can use
nvidia-smi for the GPU)? You should also consider the extra work caused by the
higher resolution (2k to 4k means four times the pixels).
To get more information about performance you can start darktable with '-d
opencl -d perf'. This will tell you how long the modules run.

Holger