openSUSE Tumbleweed 20200116
NVIDIA GF106 [GeForce GTS 450], 390.129
darktable 3.1.0~git390.fa0e8ee01
OpenCL on
i7-12 core

I have a problem which @turboget commented was possibly a bad edit and
cannot determine where the problem is.

dt has become very slow when editing.  ie: to crop, I must click and hold
inside the border area and wait until the display shows the cursor
location before I can drag the crop-border.  The same when moving the crop
area to another position or when trying to increase sharpness, the bar is
3-5 seconds before showing the new parameter and rolling the mouse wheel
over the amount bar does nothing.

I pragma checked and vacuumed library.db and data.db with no change in
performance.

If I initiate dt via "darktable --library :memory:", I see normal
performance for my machine.  None of the problems described above.

I also removed darktablerc to no avail.

Is my only solution to begin a new library?  I have >300k images in the
current library.

tks,
Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo               paka @ IRCnet freenode