* Subhash Fotografie <fotogra...@subhash.at> [02-12-20 05:34]:
> [Pascal Obry schrieb am 12.2.2020 um 10:21 Uhr:]
>
> >You can extract the XMP from the DNG for dt to be able to handle it. I
> >think this has already been discussed.
>
> Thank you for that suggestion!
>
> I managed to create a XMP sidecar file with exiftool:
>
> exiftool -tagsfromfile SRC.ext -xmp DST.xmp
>
> Then I removed the DNG from DT, deleted the .dng.xmp file of DT, and imported
> the image again. But the cropping was not applied.

removing the DNG from dt removes the image from the library, and
deleting the xmp file removes all record of any editing you have done, so
dt cannot apply cropping as you have removed all record of it.

perhaps you need to removing the image from dt, then merge the tagging
information to the existing xmp file and then reimport the image.

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo               paka @ IRCnet freenode