On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 2:15 AM Subhash Fotografie <fotogra...@subhash.at>
wrote:

> [Guillermo Rozas <guille2...@gmail.com> schrieb am 12.2.2020 um 15:01
> Uhr:]
>
> >darktable expects a file with extension
> >.dng.xmp, and it is ignoring the plain .xmp file? (but that doesn't
> >explain why you see the tags...)
>
> No, DT is expected to read the .xmp file from LR. But as I mentioned
> before I have DNGs Lightroom has created. For these files there are no .xmp
> files because LR writes everything directly into the DNGs. So for a test I
> extracted the .xmp from one of these DNGs with exiftool (in the meantime I
> tried various commands), named it correctly, put it in the same directory
> as the image file and hoped that DT will read all or most of the LR edits
> now when importing the image to its library. But it did not.

Apologies if I've missed quite a bit of the discussion, somehow threading
sometimes seems broken for this list.

Anyway, Subhash, are you expecting your "edits" such as exposure, colors,
sharpness, etc to be imported into darktable from lightroom? If that would
be possible at all then my world would collapse... Those things - the
processing pipeline - are proprietary to lightroom and will probably never
ever be supported by darktable.

The only thing you can expect to import is the metadata (Title, copyright,
tags, ... I.e. text that you entered in lightroom). Maybe this would shed
some light:
https://mathiashueber.com/migrate-from-lightroom-to-open-source-alternative/