> 1. Maybe its my just untrained eyes, but I fail to see the visual
> difference between the AMaZE and PPG demosaicking methods. I will do
> some reading about it.

Depends, try color smoothing and averaging option. They do make
difference for certain situation like those palm leaves with that back-
lit sky.

> 2. As for the highlight reconstruction, did you change anything? When
> I load your xmp, I see no changes (i.e. clip highlight, threshold: 1,
> just the same as the untouched image).

Honestly speaking I don't remember. It took like 10 minutes to make it,
7 of them I was drinking tea and retouching scratches. Don't take it as
a rule. Your negative has very little details in dark regions of the
image, so I don't like trying to recover something that doesn't exist
in the picture. Same for highlights.

> 3. How can I extract the xmp info from a jpg file within darktable?

Lighttable mode → history stack → load sidecar file... choose JPG file.

Don't forget to click "reply to mailing list" not to the "sender only"
:)

Timur.