* J. Paul Bissonnette <jpaulb...@gmail.com> [08-17-20 09:49]:
 [...]
> I am using Ubuntustudio 2020.04
> I found that if any of the info in any field of the import preset is
> changed once the first photos are imported that changed data will not be
> updated, nor will it be updated on any future photos imported it has to
> be done with the meta data editor on an individual or batch basis.
> Now that I know it's not that big of a deal. :)

The import metadata presets are *only* for the current import, and are
applied as such for all ensuing imports until you alter one and then that
becomes the applied metadata.  So long as you have "apply metadata on
import" selected in "import options".  And they, afaik, have no other
application.

implied: one is not using "--library :memory:" and not writing xmp files.

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo               paka @ IRCnet freenode