On Tue, Aug 18, 2020, at 16:36, Jason Polak wrote:

> 4. Also, on the topic of filmic, it is much easier to have a properly
> saturated image now, adjusting under the "look" tab. When first
> activated, filmic does seem to crush blacks a little, but that is easily
> adjusted.

I ended up including a small offset (-0.0030) to the black level correction in
my default auto-applied exposure preset (along with the appropriate default
exposure boost) and let filmic set the final black point at the other end. In
theory it should reduce the likelihood of zeros going into the pipe, I guess...
in any case it seems to work well for me.

...and I would also echo the appreciation for the general improvements in this
area. I'm happy with the rendering from just exposure+filmic for all but a few
cases now. Thanks devs!

--
jys