Yes this is possible and I have used them for years, but it is much harder to get the same results as compared to LR. I worked with DT for a few years and then tried LR trial version. I did not like the fact that I had to use the subscription model, but for now it gives me much better and quicker result. And the parametric masks are great, but since using LR which has better highlight and shadow recovery and the brush tool, I found that I did not need the parametric masks, except perhaps in a very small amount of images.

I will get back to DT in the end :) I just don't know when.