On samedi 3 octobre 2020 19:14:36 CEST Top Rock Photography wrote:
> One thing which occurred to me, and I cannot see why this will be so, but I
> thought of permissions on your files. Do this….
>
> >  ls -l ~/.config/darktable/watermarks/*.svg
>
> and you should see something to the effect of
>
> >  -rw-rw-??- 1 $USER1 $USER2 ??????? MM DD YYYY
> >
> > /home/$USER1/.config/darktable/watermarks/MyWatermark.svg
>
> First off, $USER1 and $USER2 would normally be the same thing. (If it is
> not, that does not mean that something is wrong; just that something is
> unusual, and that might be a problem).

Well, on my system (and most, if not all, other linux/unix systems I've seen),
$USER1 is indeed your login name, but $USER2 (group) is *not* the same,
commonly I'd expect a normal user to be a member of group "users".

> Second, $USER1 ought to be your Linux login username. (If it is not, then
> something is probably wrong).
> Finally, depending on what $USER1 and $USER2 are, the lines ought to start
> with one of,
> -rw-r----- …
> -rw-rw---- …
> -rw-r--r-- …
> -rw-rw-rw- …
The only important part here is the first group of "rw-", the others won't
change anything (in this respect), as darktable is running with the login name
as user.

> If it does not, then we may have an idea of where to start.
>
> So tell us what you see when you type the command, and we can possibly go
> from there.
> (If what you see is one of the four above listed patterns, and
> $USER1==$USER2, then I am still stumped, but it may still help to know).

As I said "$USER1==$USER2" would be strange...

for OP:
Something else that *may* play a role (based on some other questions about
access I've seen): are you by any chance using a snap package for version
3.2.1, and a different install method for 3.0.2?

Remco