Not sure that I fully understand 'run from the command-line' to import a file or a folder, but when I pass the address of a previously unseen folder to darktable using CLI it opens that folder with no problem, giving me darkroom access to all the included images. I don't see any errors, but it should be noted that I wouldn't know where to look for them if there were any. I cannot tell if I am using OpenCL or not. A comprehensive search on the internet returns NO 'hits' which discuss OpenCL on Linux Mint 20, so I have no information on how to tell if OpenCL is installed, or being used. I am using Linux Mint 20 driving an nVidia GTX 645 OEM card, using driver nvidia-driver-455 version 455.38-0ubuntu0-20.04.1.