Thank you, this works.

Regards,

Niranjan

On 12/25/20 11:35 PM, Andreas Herold wrote:
Hi Niranjan,

try „right pane“ -> „selected image[s]“ -> Tab „metadata“ -> „refresh exif“

Best regards
Andreas

Am 26.12.2020 um 07:46 schrieb Niranjan Rao <nhr...@gmail.com>:

On darktable 3.2.1

I use exiftool to update images to add geo tagging information. My camera does
not have GPS nor do I have easy access to such tools. I don't need exact
coordinates, but information like it was this park or general location is good
enough for me. I use google maps to copy location ordinates and embed it in my
images. I need information in the images as many online tools show me the
location based on the geo information where my backups are.

However, I need to see the images first to decide which photo was captured
where and I use lighttable view to decide the files.

As far as I know, darktable never updates the original. The files are already
imported. Is there any easy way to re-read the location information from images
again? Sometimes it takes lot of time to reimport the images again.

Regards,

Niranjan