Hi,

Am Samstag, dem 26.12.2020 um 14:14 +0200 schrieb Stille:
> Hello!
> I'm on Debian testing - I'm assuming the corresponding instructions
> would be for Debian Next? If yes, trying to follow them gives me a
> darktable is at the latest version, 3.2.1 message.

I would generally prefer to install software from official Debian
repositories, to keep everything simple.

Darktable 3.4 is in the "unstable" repository. IMHO it should be
possible to download just this package and install it manually:

https://packages.debian.org/sid/darktable

Otherwise you can use "apt-pinning" to install the package from the
unstable branch on Debian testing, see:

https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-reference/ch02.de.html#_tracking_literal_testing_literal_with_some_packages_from_literal_unstable_literal

After adding unstable repositories and "pinning" the system to testing,
you can choose to install specific packages in the unstable version.

That's what I just did, the new version looks great! Thanks to all
involved!

Cheers
Michael