Hi,

Postgrey is common part of MTAs (pre OpenDMARC and OpenDKIM). It's sort of
anti-spam when unknown senders are blocked for predefined amount of time.
Some MTA on the other side can't react properly e.g. scale delivery retries
and tries to send it many times during the blocking period. On the other
hand, postgrey would remember / whitelist you for another time period thus
if you contribute often enough you should not see this delay.

e.g.

Jan  3 02:22:45 irix postgrey[866950]: action=greylist, reason=new, client_
name=ns3157888.ip-51-83-237.eu, client_address=51.83.237.26/32, sender=test@
copy24serwis.pl, recipient=kava...@irix.cz

Jan  3 02:22:45 irix postfix/smtpd[2398965]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from ns