If a camera is not supported currently, it will mostly depend on support being
added to relevant libraries. Is it currently supported by any of the open
source applications or libraries? Once support exists, it is a lot easier to
port around, if needed.

That said, I personally wouldn’t buy a camera against future support, which may
or may not arrive.

R.