David Vincent-Jones schrieb am 14.02.21 um 22:28:
I opened-up my 2019 folder and found many of my images were shown blank (black). I use the duplicate option heavily and many of my images have 3, 4 or more versions as I look for interesting solutions. In all cases where I had one or more duplicates the original was displayed correctly but the duplicate was showing blank.

When I went through the processing steps I found that if I deleted the "denoise (profiled)" then the image is restored. I finally found a solution of deleting the denoise module totally from the Historyand then adding denoise back in as a final step then the image was correctly restored.

The problem is not seen on more recent versions of dt. The denoise version is probably the same now as was used in prior years ... I am still using the same camera. I have been using the daily git version for some long time.

The problem as such is solved but others might find this interesting.

I think that this might be related:
I found that denoise profiled also destroys the edit and creates a jumbled pattern of red lines in the thumbnail when applying the history stack in the light table from one image to another. Wanted to open an issue on this and am looking for suitable RAWs and xmps to attach.

--

regards
Bernhard

https://www.bilddateien.de