On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 at 12:24, Joerg Lippmann <jo...@donalbain.de> wrote:

> Am Fr., 19. Feb. 2021 um 12:00 Uhr schrieb KOVÁCS István
> <k...@kovacs-telekes.org>:
>>
>> I think that it is possible that the module produces wrong results for
>> you because your camera's white point is set wrong in darktable's
>> source code.
>> What camera do you use?
>
> Canon EOS 80D, usually darktable yields great results. It's just the
> highlight reconstruction is quite unpredictable.
> In some cases it's great and absolutely necessary and in others it's terrible.

Please don't respond to me directly; instead, keep the discussion on the list.
RawTherapee's camconst.json lists a bunch of different raw white
points, depending on the ISO. You may want to try them in darktable's
raw black/white point module, keeping highlight reconstruction on:
https://github.com/Beep6581/RawTherapee/blob/dev/rtengine/camconst.json#L758_L767