Hello,

I’m using a digital camera to scan film negatives, and I’ve created a custom
PCB with to light the negatives with red, green, and blue light of specific
wavelengths. To control the LED board, issue commands over serial to turn the
LEDs on/off, change their intensity, etc. I have a program on my computer that
scripts these operations, so I can tell the board “turn on the red channel,
wait 1 second, then blue, wait 1 second” etc.

It would be ideal if I could control my tethered camera at the same time
through darktable. Darktable’s tethering mode is great, but I’m not aware of
any method to trigger a capture externally. Ideally I would have a process
running on my computer that issues commands to the LED board, and communicates
with darktable using some kind of IPC to trigger a capture at the right time.
This way I could synchronize the LED board with the camera and automate part of
the capture process.

Is there a built in way to do this in darktable?