I have not seen any picture where cropping is applied correctly, either it is ignored or applied incorrectly.

I can provide you with some pictures to show both problems.

/Mikael

On 2021-08-09 15:27, Pascal Obry wrote:

Hi Mikael,

Now I am trying to import some metadata and development from
Lightroom's DNG files into Darktable 3.6.0.

First I extract XMP from my DNG files like this:
https://discuss.pixls.us/t/importing-lightroom-catalog/11277

Then I do "add to library" in Darktable.

It seems like the metadata is imported correctly.

Yes, that's expected.

However, the development is very unreliable.

Yes, that's expected too. It is impossible to get good match from Lr to
dt automatically.

See:

https://www.darktable.org/2013/02/importing-lightroom-development/

  Sometimes cropping from LR
seems to be completely ignored, sometimes it is totally off.

That's a bug as crop&rotate should be 100% correct. This part of the
code did not had many attention since some time because it is probably
not used a lot.

What's wrong? How can I troubleshoot this?

What would be good is to find a patten. Is that for all pictures? Only
the portait or landscape one? When the camera is rotated left or right?

When a pattern is found you can open an issue with the XMP here:

https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/issues/new/choose

Thanks,