Hi Jan,
      I agree with Patrick's suggestion to destroy your library.db. You are
aware of the darktable folder in the user folder on Windows. I would
delete  it and all traces of Darktable from your system. I had to do this
when I reverted a student's DT from version 3.60 to version 3.4 because her
Chinese language computer worked with 3.4 but not 3.6 (different issue to
what you are suffering).

Can I make the following suggestions to you using DT (or Lightroom or any
non-destructive editing program). When you do an edit, export it as a
16-bit tiff file so if your DB is corrupted or lost your hard work is safe.
The xmp file saved with the RAW file contains your edits also. BTW, the
export module is on the right side in the lighttable view and the left side
in the darktable view. Putting the export module in the darktable view was
a great idea by the developers. I also have bookmarked in my browser the
online user manual for Darktable. I refer to it often when I can find
something, don't understand something or want to know more about a feature
or module.

I presume you are getting your installation files from the official site
https://www.darktable.org/install/
DT v 3.6.1 from this site is not faulty.

good luck

Dr Terry Pinfold
Cytometry & Histology Lab Manager
Lecturer in Flow Cytometry