Thank you Anton .... yes I did make a backup before making the move.

From my perspective, moving a file that I cannot easily read is a bit of a leap of faith. Yes, my menus moved correctly but what else was changed. I have really no idea! Not the way that us Engineers work.

David

On 2021-11-13 08:08, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 2021-11-11 19:20, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* David Vincent-Jones <david...@gmail.com> [11-11-21 19:02]:
I did not look in that file ... SKLite and all that ... not easily read.

If dt is closed can data.db be simply copied across from one machine to
another?

David

On 2021-11-11 15:34, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* David Vincent-Jones<david...@gmail.com>  [11-11-21 18:29]:
I am trying to ensure that 2 computers have the same customized module menu layouts ...... I do not see this layout reflected in the darktablerc listing
.... am I missing something?
did you look in ~/.config/darktable/data.db

would not that be simple to try?

But please, please *M*A*K*E* *A* *B*A*C*KU*P* *F*I*R*S*T*
 --
“We do not believe any group of men adequate enough or wise enough to operate without scrutiny or without criticism. We know that the only way to avoid error is to detect it, that the only way to detect it is to be free to enquire. We know that the wages of secrecy are corruption. We know that in secrecy error, undetected, will flourish and subvert.”
― J. Robert Oppenheimer