* Peter Schlaufer <pe...@schlaufer.ch> [12-26-21 05:41]:
> Hello to all
>
> I have right now changed from MacOS to Linux Mint, until now only with my
> second machine a MacBook Air 13" (2014). I have worked for more than two
> years with darktable and I love it really.
>
> Now I have downloaded darktable 3.8 and there is some curious behavior:
>
> When I import a picture everything looks normal in light-table view. As soon
> I switch over to darkroom the image does not fit to the screen, it is wider.
> I cannot trim the image manually (impossible), nor can I trim the right hand
> column, which appears to me abnormally wide.
>
> As soon as I remove either the left- or the right hand column, I am then
> able to adjust the width of the width of the columns, also the right one.
> However as soon as I go back to darkroom it jumps to over-width.
>
> The image of the programs (in Linux Mint) shows in the upper right corner
> three icons - put into the bottom-bar, <> fit to screen and X to close the
> program. When the image has over-width the the icon <> disappears.
>
> I have searched for a command, something like "fit to screen", which I could
> not find.
>
> Before I am going to install Linux on the iMac (27"), which is the machine
> to develop pictures, I want to make sure, that I can solve this problem.

grep -i alt ~/.config/darktable/shortcutsrc
  1;alt=views/darkroom/zoom close-up
  2;alt=views/darkroom/zoom fill
  3;alt=views/darkroom/zoom fit

<alt><3> will zoom the image to fit the display

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo                   paka @ IRCnet oftc
What sort of day was it?                  A day like all days, filled with
those events that alter and illuminate our times...