Hi,

On 14/02/2022 21:24, Bruce Williams wrote:
Also, try disabling filmic RGB temporarily.
That will allow shadows to clip, where filmic is rounding them off gently to prevent clipping.

Interesting.  I disabled filmic and pushed the black level up ( RGB levels ) until the darkest part of the image showed 1,1,0 ( Colour picker ).  That area was showing as underexposed ( Blue in my case ).  I then re-engaged filmic, the chosen area then registered as 0.0.0 but the underexposure / blue warning disappeared for that area.  Almost as if filmic, under certain circumstances, is disabling the underexposure warning ( or am I just miserably failing to understand what filmic is actually doing - quite possible ).