Have a look at
https://docs.darktable.org/usermanual/3.8/en/module-reference/utility-modules/lighttable/history-stack/
 section load sidecar file
If you embedded the history stack into your exported jpg (you need to check the
option explicitly) then you can use the the exported jpg like an xmp file to
apply the embedded history stack and shapes to a raw file.

If you’re doing frequent backups you can go back to an older state of
library.db and export then sidecar files of the affected setback images and
then after switching back to the recent library.db you can let darktable check
for updated Xmas (preferences-storage-look for updated xmp files on startup

Good luck