Greetings,

darkatable version 3.8.1, on Ubuntu 20.04

I'm trying to understand what happens when I change the exposure module mode from automatic to manual. I've noticed it many times, if I change the mode from automatic to manual, application shows "working" message and does something to image. I've not changed any other settings of exposure module yet, just switching the mode.

For me, usually results are more desirable when I just switch the module from automatic to manual mode. Whatever it does, it's better for me, but I haven't understood it and trying to figure what I have to do use automatic mode more effectively. Currently, I just change the mode and be happy about it.

Regards,

Niranjan