On jeudi 22 juin 2023 09:52:42 CEST Achim Dittrich wrote:
> Hi!
>
> To upgrade from my 4.2.1 installation on macOS Ventura 13.4.1, I downloaded
> the darktable-4.4.0-arm64 dmg file, opened and dragged it over to the
> application folder - the standard procedure, that always worked fine in the
> past.
> This time however, when I try to start darktable, I get the error message
> that the application would be damaged and can not be opened and that I
> shall move it to the bin.
> After proper deinstallation I tried to install it again but that failed.
>

> What can I do now?
Latest versions of MacOS require applications to be signed. The key needed for
that needs to be purchased from Apple (at 100$/year iirc)... So darktable
isn't signed.

There are ways to make such programs run anyway. A Google search should help.
(Sorry, I'm not an Apple user, so I can't give the details)

Remco